[syslog-ng] syslog-ng in a freeBSD jail

markzero syslog-ng at darklogik.org
Tue Nov 29 21:06:38 CET 2005

Hello.

I am running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. I have syslog-ng running on the
host system and have specified in the config that it should create
a log socket within the jail (an actual FreeBSD jail(), not a plain
chroot):

    unix-dgram("/usr/jail/hosts/ssh/root/var/run/log"
             owner("syslogng")
             group("syslogng")
             perm(0600));

The socket is created successfully, I recieve no errors but I also
recieve no logs from processes running in the jail. Do I also need
a syslog-ng process running inside the jail?

Is there a better solution to this problem?

thanks,
mark

--
pgp: http://www.darklogik.org/pub/pgp/pgp.txt
0160 A46A 9A48 D3B0 C92F B690 17FB 4B72 0207 ED43