[syslog-ng] Apache Syslog-ng/Syslog-ng newbie

Brian Bemis brian_bemis at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:12:23 CET 2005

I think you understood me correctly. The local syslogd could actually be
syslog-ng if you want, it doesn't really matter (I use syslog-ng on both
ends). It's not too hard to implement (I did have to modify the source code
of Snare in order to get AWStats to interpret the log files), but besides
that it was pretty easy. As far as the load goes, I'm not really sure since
right now the only 2 servers I'm using it on are not high load servers. I
hope that helps.

Brian

  _____