[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and windows

JF Suret tilaris at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 30 11:08:05 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using syslog-ng as a central log server, and I have both linux and windows clients. I know that there are some syslog windows clients ( NTsyslog, snare) but I can't find any open source syslog-ng clients.

What I'm looking for is (at least if it does not exist) information on the TCP data format used by syslog-ng.
So I could write a little udp to tcp syslog translator that could be used on windows clients (and maybe modify NTsyslog if I have enought time...)

Thanks

JF