[syslog-ng] Minor Compile Issue

Andrew Morris morrisa at telusplanet.net
Tue May 10 18:12:58 CEST 2005

Just a minor compiling issue for version 1.6.7 (actually it's been there
for a while...).

If I want to put the syslog-ng.conf file in a different location, I use
the --sysconfdir option to configure.  The problem is the configure.in
file automatically adds "/syslog-ng" on to the end of whatever I put in.

I have no problem with it doing this by default, but if I go through the
  effort of using --sysconfdir, then the configure script should do what
it's told (even if that's thought to be wrong by some).  Since syslog-ng
only uses one conf file, I'd rather put it directly under /etc...

My fix so far is to go and comment out that line before I run configure,
but that's just a quick hack.

Oh, and just before someone says otherwise, configure modifies some .h
files and there's no way (that I know of anyways - please correct me if
I'm wrong) to override those settings via make.

I'm not asking anyone to change the defaults, but is it possible to either:

1) Add another option to configure to handle the subdirectory?  eg:
--sysconfsubdir or something like this? (eg: the default would end up
being $PREFIX/$SYSCONFDIR/$SYSCONFSUBDIR/syslog-ng.conf)
2) If --sysconfdir is specified, use whatever it is set to.  Otherwise
use $PREFIX/etc/syslog-ng