[syslog-ng]Syntax error in default config?

J. Meub syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 05 May 2005 18:01:11 +0200

Hello,

i'm new to syslog-ng and recently compiled and
installed it (version 1.9.4) on my system (LFS, Kernel 2.6.11.7).
The problem i have is that even with the default
configuiration file it claims to have syntax errors.
The lines causing the errors are:
destination user { file("/var/log/user.log"); };
and
filter f_auth { facility(auth); };
Whereas the first problem is generated due to the fact
the the identifier is called "user". If i call it "user_"
it works fine.
With the second line the problem is "auth" because
facility(authpriv) is accepted. But why not auth?!
I'm really at a loss with that.
I hope someone here has an idea what might be the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
J. Meub