[syslog-ng]Cisco formatting

Erwin Middelberg syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 4 May 2005 18:37:01 +0200

Hi All,

I'm rather new to syslog-ng and have a question I couldn't find answers
for, searching on the web. We're using syslog-ng (1.5.15) as a central
relay server for several Cisco devices, were the devices sent their
syslogs to the syslog-ng server and syslog-ng forwards them to my
Netcool monitoring environment.

A problem I'm running into, is that some Cisco messages contain carriage
returns, splitting one message over 2 or more lines. I could do some
tricks on the Netcool side, but it would be much cleaner if I could
filter those CR's within syslog-ng. Is this possible ?

TIA,
Erwin