[syslog-ng]destination Program - missing syslog sutdown message

Brian Kee syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:10:12 -0800 (PST)

I have a relatively simple perl program that is called
from syslog-ng using
destination <name> { program("/path/to/program"); };
syntax in syslog-ng.conf.

I have noticed an interesting thing regarding the
syslog-ng stop/start messages. When starting the
syslog-ng daemon (via init script), I get an
appropriate log messages sent to my program:
Mar 19 01:54:52 loki2 syslog-ng[21700]: syslog-ng
version 1.6.5 starting

However, when stopping the daemon, I get no stop
messages sent to the program, though I do see them
sent to other configured destinations.

(example stop message:
Mar 19 01:48:41 loki2 syslog-ng[21187]: syslog-ng
version 1.6.5 going down)

Any ideas, or experience with a similar behavior?
Any way to force the stop message to be sent to my
program? IOW is this behavior configurable?

Thank You,
Brian A. Kee