[syslog-ng]syslog-ng dies randomly on solaris

Ian Veach syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:01:42 -0800 (PST)

Greetings -

We're just chomping at the bit to switch to syslog-ng from the standard
syslog.  Although it sounds like plenty of solaris people are having
success, our testing is not going well.  Our configs are all great, but
syslog-ng just simply stops running at random times (sometimes an hour,
the last one 35 days) on my test machine (low volume except for
occasional load testing).  Can anyone give me (a neophyte in this arena)
any ideas on how to fix this?

Ideally, I would like to solve the problem (or figure out what it is), but
am open to things like a cron to verify syslog-ng is running...Could try
to debug, but not great with truss, and for some reason syslog-ng cores
don't show much useful info (to me, a noob).

Syslog-ng 1.6.5 and libol version required at the time
	standard compile for solaris (details available)
Solaris 9, recently patched

thanks very much!
ivo