[syslog-ng]Syslog: Router konfiguration

Roberto Nibali syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:39:42 +0100

Hello,

> I tried to get syslog messages from a router, but I do not get any messages.

... and tcpdump shows nothing coming from the router?

>>From ohter Systems it works.

What kind of other systems? Other Cisco routers, other workstations,
other servers?

> Does it something have to do with my syslog configuration on the routers
> (operational state = inactive)?

What IOS are we talking about (Native or Hybrid-Catalyst OS), what Cisco
device?

> TK>show syslog base
> SYSLOG Base Information
> -----------------------
>  Configured Maximum # of  Poll iteration
>    State    hosts allowed    timer
>  ---------- ------------- --------------
>   Enabled          5            5
>
>  Operational # of Active # of Active    # of Syslog
>     State     Seq Hosts  Non-seq Hosts Messages Sent
>  ----------- ----------- ------------- -------------
>      DOWN        0             0              0
>
> TK>show syslog hosts
>
> SYSLOG Configured Hosts
> -----------------------
>
>      Host Ip      Operational
>      Address         State     Time Sequencing
>  ---------------- ------------ ---------------
>  10.xx.xx.xx      INACTIVE      ENABLED
>
> If yes, how can I ACTIVATE the Operational State ?

I haven't been configuring Ciscos in a quite a while now but since noone
else replied I might as well try to help you. Isn't there any help in
the IOS regarding "Operational State"? Also, do you happen to have a
copy of your device's "Configurations Manual"?

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc