[syslog-ng]central log server not working

Ed Davison syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:55:02 -0600

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 21:53 -0800, Nate Campi wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:15:54PM -0600, Ed Davison wrote:
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Here's some thoughts, don't duplicate sources in your source{}
> (unix-stream("/dev/log"); and internal); directives, set up a source
> once and use it in multiple log{} statements.
>
> Let the list know if this doesn't fix the problem.

Well, well, well ... I had no idea this would be a problem but when I
dropped the extra source line all started logging on the remote host!

Seems like something that should be in the docs or in a faq somewhere.

Thanks!
--

Ed Davison