[syslog-ng] Error parsing conf file?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Jun 27 11:32:46 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 09:15 -0600, Zb Indelak wrote:
> Thank you for such a quick turn-around on this issue.  I've run into a couple more.
>
> 1) New files are being created with file permissions equal to the inverse of umask, entirely ignoring the permissions specified in the perm() option.  Hardcoding the permissions in the open() call in affile.c fixes the problem (yes, I know it's not the way to do it, but I was in a hurry).  In other
> words, it appears that the value of mode is all ones rather than whatever was specified in the perm() option.

this one is fixed, committed, the next snapshot should contain the fix.

> 2) Syslog-ng does not appear to be closing the log files and maintains a lock on the
> files until the application exits.  This one is causing me no end of grief.

I don't really know what you mean here? syslog-ng does not lock files on
its own and according to my tests dynamic output files were properly
reaped (closed in time as time_reap() specifies)

non-dynamic files (which has no macros in the name) are not reaped, but
IIRC syslog-ng 1.6.x did not reap those either.