[syslog-ng] does remove_if_older still work?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Jun 14 11:04:30 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 13:11 -0500, sawall wrote:
> so, is there another way to do this, or is my best bet to do the
> following via cron:
>
> find /pathto/logs/* -ctime +7 -exec rm -f {} \; 2> /dev/null

the problem is that the file _is_ changed, new messages appear in it
from time to time as otherwise remove_if_older would remove it on its
own, therefore -ctime +7 would not be ok.

If you'd add somethink like $R_DAY in your filename, then you'd be safe
as that would ensure that no new entries will be written to it for a
week.