[syslog-ng] Logrotate - recursive directories

Ken Garland ken.garland at rotech.com
Mon Jun 13 20:38:08 CEST 2005

I have syslog-ng setup to add hostname dynamically. When a new server is
pointed to the central log server it creates a
/var/log/syslogs/$hostname dir and all logs from that host are put in
there. in /etc/log/rotate.g/syslog-ng I have tried putting in
/var/log/syslogs/* and this will not work.

Is there a way for logrotate to search directories recursively?

Or is there a way I can setup a script to interact with logrotate that
will place a new entry for logs in the logrotate.d/syslog-ng file based
on hostname directories created in /var/log/syslogs/