[syslog-ng] does remove_if_older still work?

sawall sawall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:04:35 CEST 2005

I have one line in my syslog-ng.conf file, as follows:

destination netops { file("/var/log/HOSTS/$HOST"
remove_if_older(604800) owner(root) group (root) perm(0644)
dir_perm(0700)); };

I'm running version 1.6.7 on Fedora Core 2.  I would like to have the
files that hit this destination be deleted every 7 days.  It does not
appear to be working as the files keep growing.

Maybe I misunderstood, but this should let the file grow for n
seconds, then delete the file and start writing to a new file with the
same name, right?

I tried setting this to 60 and that made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris