Antwort: RE: [syslog-ng] Syslog-ng with stunnel

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Thu Jun 9 17:12:52 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:37:33AM -0400, Stephen Tanner wrote:
> I understand what you guys are saying, but the programs are called using
> the fully qualified path to them.  Both start and are running, but
> syslog-ng seems unable to send logs through the tunnel to the loghost.
> I don't know of any environmental variables that would even have
> significance to either program.

Exactly - if you knew about them you would have fixed it already.  Try
putting "env > /tmp/bootupenv.out" at the top of your startup script,
then run "env" at the command line where startup works, and compare the
output.

I seem to recall that stunnel is a pain to troubleshoot - it sends its
error messages to syslog.  Maybe you need to disable that - see the man
pages for stunnel:

       output = file
           append log messages to a file instead of using syslog

           /dev/stdout device can be used to redirect log messages to the
           standard output (for example to log them with daemontools splog-
           ger).