[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng with stunnel

Stephen Tanner stanner at leeclerk.org
Wed Jun 8 20:42:57 CEST 2005

I have configured syslog-ng to work with stunnel, and have them starting
from the same startup script on an HP-UX server.  The logs are being
written to a loghost on a Linux box.  Everything works fine, including
my startup script, except for one minor issue.  When the machine is
booted, I get broken pipe errors in the log stating that syslog-ng
cannot contact the loghost.  Stunnel is up and running at this point but
syslog-ng seems unable to connect.  The only way to resolve this is to
restart stunnel and syslog-ng.  I have this startup script running from
rc2.  I've been trying to avoid moving it to a later time, as I do not
wish to lose any logs of services.  Does anyone have any idea of what
could be causing this, or any suggestions on where in rc I should place
the startup script to avoid this issue?

Stephen Tanner

HP-UX Systems Administrator

Network Support Services