[syslog-ng] problem receiving non-NULL terminated UDP messages

e09f6a7593f8ae3994ea57e1117f67ec e09f6a7593f8ae3994ea57e1117f67ec at email.si
Sat Jul 30 14:22:33 CEST 2005

Balazs Scheidler wrote:
  > Thanks for the detailed problem report. I have added a different
> solution though, trying to merge the diverging code paths for SOCK_DGRAM
> and SOCK_STREAM. I've committed a fix to my tla archive, the snapshot
> for tomorrow should contain the fix, or you can apply the patch below to
> your tree directly.
>
> Can you please test if this one works (I've compile tested and slightly
> runtime tested and it seems to work fine).

I have compiled syslog-ng-1.9.5+20050730.tar.gz and it does not seems to
work and it cannot open udp source.

Debugging with a single udp() source:

afsocket_sd_init (s=0x8067f38, cfg=0x8062a20, persist=0x0) at afsocket.c:403
self->connections = persist_config_fetch(persist,
afsocket_sd_format_persist_name(self, FALSE));
self->connections is null due persist==0x0

afsocket.c:412
if (!(self->flags & AFSOCKET_KEEP_ALIVE) || !self->connections ||
!afsocket_open_s... bails out here
self->flags = 0x701, self->connection=null
self->flags & AFSOCKET_KEEP_ALIVE > 0, hmmm, udp keepalive?

Note that persist if set to NULL at main.c:372 by calling cfg_init(cfg,
NULL)

If you need detailed program tracking I can make you one.

Pinky