[syslog-ng] Sending Net-SNMP Traps w/ syslog-ng (revisited)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Jul 25 21:59:18 CEST 2005

I want syslog-ng to call snmptrap on certain filter conditions, such as
auth.warn or kern.crit, etc.  I can handle the syslog-ng syntax, it's the
program() arguments.

See:

https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2003-September/005432.html

There hasn't been much discussion on either list since this post.

1) What are good values for "[OID TYPE VALUE]" as arguments to
snmptrap(1) (either called from sendtrap.sh or directly from syslog-ng)

2) Perhaps there's a more logical way to investigate this?  Using
snmpwalk(1) for example?

TIA || l8*
 	-lava

x.25 - minix - bitnet - plan9 - 110 bps - ASR 33 - base8