[syslog-ng] Problem with hostnames!

mrgenius mrgenius420 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 21:48:42 CEST 2005

Hi All!
 I am using Syslog-ng with php-syslog-ng. to give names of my choices to
different hosts IP what i did was to define hostnames against each IP of
host in /etc/hosts file.
 It was working fine with Public IP adresses.. But I have some hosts on
local network too with 192.168 IPs . The pRoblem i am now facing is that its
not storing logs with HOSTNAMES of private IPs. Where as its working fine
and giving names of Public IPs.
 For example In My /etc/hosts file i have these 2 entries
 202.164.1.1 <http://202.164.1.1> broadband-router
192.168.77.1 <http://192.168.77.1> primary-router
 For 1st entry Logs in database will come with name broadband-router, which
is what i want
For 2nd Entry Logs in database will come with name
192.168.77.1<http://192.168.77.1>,
which is what i Don't want
  Any body has any idea?? any thing to do in configuration of syslog-ng??
 Regards,
 -Geni