[syslog-ng] syslog-ng keeps logging the same...

Roberto Nibali ratz at drugphish.ch
Tue Jul 12 11:49:38 CEST 2005

> I want to log to a loghost. If I specify udp as follows in the source
> statement

It's always helpful if you post all of your configuration if possible,
at least to me.

> udp(ip("0.0.0.0") port(514));
>
> syslog-ng keeps logging the same entry over and over again. Without it
> it works fine for the loghost but clients will not be able to connect
> of course.

Over which interface do your clients connect? Put this IP as udp source
in your src statement. How do you log to your remote loghost? By udp? So
I guess it picks the sent message up again in the src statement because
you specified INADDR_ANY.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc