[syslog-ng]preparing syslog-ng 1.6.6

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:40:43 +0100

Hi,

As there are some changes since syslog-ng 1.6.5, I'd like to release a
new version. Before doing so I'd like to ask you to test the latest
snapshot a little bit. The most important and risky change seems to be
this one:

2005-01-20  Balazs Scheidler  <bazsi@bzorp.balabit>

        * src/main.c: fix possible log message losing during HUP as
        syslog-ng was not accepting messages for 1 second and these
        messages were dropped, processing changed so we still wait 1
        second to flush buffers but also accept messages in this interval,
        so the window of losing messages becomes much smaller. (fixes:
        http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=282771)

Everything else is minor, and although they might cause build problems
on some platforms, I doubt they'd cause real problems.

The latest snapshot is here:

http://www.balabit.com/downloads/syslog-ng/1.6/src-snapshot/

The summary of changes can be found in the file named ChangeLog within
the tarball. If no show-stopper bugs are found, I'm going to release
syslog-ng 1.6.6 this week.

Thanks in advance.