[syslog-ng]Getting Logs in Triplicate

Aakin N. Patel syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:32:36 -0500

: Solaris doesn't accept *.* notation, the only wildcard can be for the facility.
: *.err  <--- ok
:
: cron.* <--- bad

However, if you use a wildcard for a facility, it will also log
everything above that facility. So,

*.info

Will send all log messages to that stream.

							- Aakin
:
: Also, when I test with logger, I only get 1 local copy, not 5.
:
: I also forgot to mention that the syslog.conf is the last version I tested with, other versions
: did not use the same notation.
:
: So let me understand what you wrote:
:
: If I use 'logger -p user.err my test message' your saying this is getting logged at multiple
: priorities and/or facilies?
:
: Or do you mean:
:
: user.err     /some/file
: user.crit    /some/file
:
: Do you mean this syslog config will cause the previous logger statement to log twice? If so, that
: would make sense, but I don't think the problem I am seeing is caused by this.
:
: Ugh, I'm at a loss and the documentation is severely limiting.
:
: Any ideas?
:
: --- Wolfgang Braun <wolfgang.braun@gmx.de> wrote: