[syslog-ng]Syslog-NG 1.6.6 memory leak when sending UDP logs

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:11:58 +0100

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 09:36 -0500, henry@shoelacecity.com wrote:

> I'm running 1.6.6 on Linux Redhat ES 3.0 logging Cisco router logs to
> local files and it's been running just fine for over a week.
> I just enabled  forwarding for local4 and local7 (with spoof UDP)  to
> 2 additional hosts via UDP and noticed, within a day, that it
> syslog-NG has consumed all available memory.   It continues to log,
> however, the system starts killing processes off unless I restart
> syslog-ng.

If I understand you correctly you use syslog-ng to send logs to another
host via UDP. Is it a new installation or this installation has worked
so far and upgrading to 1.6.6 is what triggered the problem?

Are you using address spoofing (spoof-source(yes))? Can you post your
configuration file?