[syslog-ng]Logs lost in the FIFO

Jay Guerette syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:51:50 -0500

I wouldn't say it's a 'detail of syslog-ng'; it's more the reality of FIFOs.

That said; it IS a common problem. It seems like a great idea until
the other end breaks,  and you lose data.

Perhaps a caution is warranted in the documentation, or at the very
least an entry in the FAQ; but neither exists.