[syslog-ng]Logs lost in the FIFO

Jay Guerette syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:14:35 -0500

They're dropped, lost, unrecoverable. There really is nothing else
syslog-ng could do in those situations.

If your data is that important (and who logs un-important stuff,
anyway?) you should write it to a log file, and the parse it from
there; that way, if your parser dies, you don't lose any data.