[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng on Fedora Core 1

Phusion syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:39:14 -0600

Hi, I installed syslog-ng 1.6.6 from source on Fedora Core 1. I have
it up and running but I can't seem to get kernel messages. I've
included part of my syslog-ng.conf file for you to look at.

source local { internal(); file("/proc/kmsg" log_prefix("kernel: "));
unix-stream("/dev/log"); };

Also, I don't have klogd running. When using the stock syslog that
comes with Fedora, klogd also runs. I stopped that from running and
started the syslog-ng service. I can't seem to get kernel log
messages. Let me know what my problem is. Thanks.