[syslog-ng]FAQ entries wanted for performance tuning

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:10:54 -0800

Everyone please send me your syslog-ng performance tuning tips from the
real world. I added something to the end of the FAQ, but I know there's
much much more we can add from our collective experience.

Email directly to me is appropriate for this. I'm happy to include
OS-level stuff, since the focus here is to build a fast loghost. This
includes everything along the path from the NIC through the filesystem
and onto some kind of final storage. Of course the focus is on
syslog-ng, though. :)
--
Nate

"It is good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are
still rolling." - Samuel Clemens