[syslog-ng]new to syslog-ng (Fedora RPMS)

José Pedro Oliveira syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:19:46 +0000

--------------enig2B6C3F3871096A9184F5FAC0

Mike,

> The original syslog added a colon after "Inbound", syslog-ng does not
> (not sure why...) but I changed that little bug and excluded Inbound
> from entering the 'messages' filter, and it's working.
>
> Jose I think this might be something worth including in the distribution
> config file, as a lot of people I know complain about messages filling
> up with firewall hits. Just a thought...

The current configuration file aims to be an "exact" match
of the syslog configuration shipped by Red Hat. This
allow people to replace sysklogd by syslog-ng without
loosing the familiar environment (same sources, destinations,
and logging statements).

Regards,
jpo
--