[syslog-ng]Update for syslog-ng FAQ

Kevin syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:33:44 -0600

The FAQ (http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html) talks about syslog
volume and mentions "sites that exceed five gigabytes per day of log data".

Our log volume has been growing slowly over time, I recently checked
my primary logger and noticed that the raw log volume for this past Monday
(the 24-hour period from midnight to midnight) was 10,982,118,488 bytes,
or 10.22GiB.

Peak hourly volume was 913MiB. Peak one-second volume in that hour
was 2,626 messages totaling 440KiB, no duplicates.

System specs:
OpenBSD on a Dell 2650 (single 2.8Ghz P4) running syslog-ng 1.6.X.
Logs are written to a Dell PERC 3/Di SCSI RAID-0, as a 2-drive stripe.

Kevin Kadow