[syslog-ng]new Fedora/Redhat init script

José Pedro Oliveira syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:53:35 +0000

--------------enig87E809A6A651D328831F1C13

Balazs,

> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 13:45 -0500, Philip J. Hollenback wrote:
>
>>It looks like we are both tackling the same problems.  Actually I wish
>>I had known about your work previously as it would have saved me some
>>time.
>>
>>Anyway, I think the important thing now is to get a new spec file and
>>init script into the syslog-ng source tarball.  It looks like this is
>>generated via autoconf so it needs to be converted to syslog-ng.spec.in
>>(just put a couple substitutions in there).
>>
>>My big concern about the existing spec file in the tarball is it is
>>seriously broken.  For example, it edits the existing syslog rotate
>>file.  Changing another package's file like that is bad.
>>
>>And as far as the init script goes, I think we should put yours in the
>>contrib directory and remove the two existing old and outdated Redhat
>>init scripts.
>>
>>I've reviewed your source rpm and init script, and they incorporate
>>all the fixes I need.
>

> Sounds fine, can you send me the exact files I should add and where? I'm
> not that good at RPM packaging.

If you agree, I will send you the following files:

   * a libol specfile patch (minor update)
   * four files for the syslog-ng contrib directory
       fedora.init
       fedora.conf
       fedora.sysconfig
       fedora.logrotate