[syslog-ng]preparing syslog-ng 1.6.6

Roberto Nibali syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:14:49 +0100

Hello,

> 2005-01-20  Balazs Scheidler  <bazsi@bzorp.balabit>
>
>         * src/main.c: fix possible log message losing during HUP as
>         syslog-ng was not accepting messages for 1 second and these
>         messages were dropped, processing changed so we still wait 1
>         second to flush buffers but also accept messages in this interval,
>         so the window of losing messages becomes much smaller. (fixes:
>         http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=282771)

We have a similar bug report in this department in our internal bugzilla db. I
will now check if this fixes our issue as well or if we need another round of
chasing bugs. So please hold of at least until tonight before releasing. I will
initiate a test round over here.

> Everything else is minor, and although they might cause build problems
> on some platforms, I doubt they'd cause real problems.

I can test static linking here.

> The latest snapshot is here:
>
> http://www.balabit.com/downloads/syslog-ng/1.6/src-snapshot/
>
> The summary of changes can be found in the file named ChangeLog within
> the tarball. If no show-stopper bugs are found, I'm going to release
> syslog-ng 1.6.6 this week.

Excellent, thanks.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  tel://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreactive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356
terreActive AG                       Wir sichern Ihren Erfolg