[syslog-ng] rhost field

ken.schweiker at faa.gov ken.schweiker at faa.gov
Tue Dec 27 15:56:27 CET 2005

I am using syslog-ng for the first time. The initial setup is complete and
appears to be working ok. However in my test environment, I am logging from
a redhat desktop using syslog to a suse syslog-ng server. The output, after
I deliberately input an incorrect password on my workstation doing a 'su',
gets reported to the syslog-ng server as .......

Dec 23 17:50:12 suselog/suselog su(pam_unix)[13205]: authentication
failure; logname=syss555 uid=500 euid=0 tty=pts/4 ruser=syss555 rhost=
user=root

How do I get it to display in the log the host(IP) the message came from?

Thanks.