[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng shutting down

Ed Benckert ed at ebonmists.com
Mon Dec 12 14:56:06 CET 2005

Recently, on a semi reliable schedule, our syslog-ng has started shutting
down for no apparent reason. 3 nights in a row between 8:12pm and 8:20pm it
shuts down. No, it doesnt crash, we get the 'syslog-ng version 1.6.9 going
down' then it terminates. Before this, we had a few other times it just shut
itself down...

Now we havent changed anything on the system, theres no cron job running
anywhere near that time...

Has anyone else expeienced this? We've be running syslog-ng for 18 months
now and this just started a few weeks ago. It seems very intermittent, but
then this weekend, almost like clockwork.