[syslog-ng] Version question

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Aug 29 15:09:02 CEST 2005

Hi, first post.

Red Hat RHAS3 update 4. Saturday I downloaded libol 0.3.16 and syslog-ng
1.6.8 tarballs, saw immediately that there were rpm spec files and made
rpms (not without an initial couple of barfs about missing MySQL stuff),
which I installed.

Took me Sunday and Monday till 10:00 am to get my head round it, but
it's fantastic, thanks a lot:)

So then I downloaded 1.9.5 and eventlog-0.2.3+20050116+1856. There were
no rpm spec files, so I wrote my own (half a morning on the basis of the
above ones, anyone who wants them's welcome to them), installed them and
syslog-ng 1.9.5 crashed without trace. Used strace and couldn't for the
life of me see what was happening. I couldn't be bothered to begin with
gdb and back traces, so I put the good rpm back, all's back to normal.

If anyone wants me to go ahead with debugging, I will (dilettantishly to
say the least, I'm not a C programmer), but would rather not - 1.6.8
works fine for me.

Just thought I'd let people know :)

Best,

--Tonni