[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.9.5 segfaults on many platforms

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Fri Aug 19 20:04:38 CEST 2005

I've built both the daily snapshot from 2005-08-19 as well as the
"stable" (I know it's not really stable) 1.9.5 on three platforms:

RHEL4.1 x86_64
RHEL3.5 x86_64
Red Hat 7.3 2.4.29 i686

All three builds were with the default settings to ./configure.  The
build finishes without a hiccup but segfaults when syslog-ng tries to
start.  I've attached an strace (it's not very long...) to help show
where it's segfaulting.

The reason I need this to work is for the enhanced program() destination
driver that will respawn programs that die.

If somebody has a patch that backports this functionality to 1.6, that
would be preferred, but a working 1.9.5 I could live with as well.

Any ideas?

--

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, Tx  78741