[syslog-ng] logging several to one facility - parsing

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Fri Aug 19 18:06:22 CEST 2005

You could set up filters that each uniquely match the router you want to
monitor, then have different log destinations for each of them.

Or, assuming that your routers send along a hostname that is also a
valid filename, you can do something like this:

destination router_logs {
	file(
		"/var/log/routers/$HOST-router.log"
		create_dirs(yes)
	);
};

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, Tx  78741
CAD Systems Engineering
Paul.Krizak at amd.com