[syslog-ng] How to make syslog to write to a new file every 10 mins

Kevin kkadow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 00:09:40 CEST 2005

On 8/3/05, Hermann Tse <htse at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I can make it to write to a new file every hour by the following
>
> destination firewall {file
> ("var/log/firewall/firewall_$YEAR_$MONTH_$DAY_$HOUR")}
>
> but how I can make it to write to a new file every 5 minutes or 10 minutes?

That's kind of a strange feature to ask for.  Can you explain what you
are trying to achieve?

I seldom see more than couple of hundred megabytes in any one file
when I use a new file for each hour, and it's a lot easier to write
scripts to post-process when I can match filenames with simple regular
expressions.

Kevin