[syslog-ng] help on DNS issue when running syslog-ng chrooted

Arnold Wang arnold.wang at inovis.com
Wed Aug 3 00:28:01 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm a newbie to the syslog-ng. I just have the application installed and
configured since yesterday and I like it already. However, I'm running
into a problem. I hope someone on this list has done it already and can
help me out.
I'm running syslog-ng in chroot mode, followed the instructions in
http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/chroot-jail.html. I also enabled DNS
lookup so I can show the Cisco routers in their friendly names instead
of IPs. The DNS lookup works fine until I enabled chroot mode. I copied
"nsswitch.conf" and "resolv.conf" files into $CHROOTDIR/etc as well,
just in case.
BTW, the host is RHEL4 and I set SELinux to "permissive".
Will my configuration work? If so, what should I check? Thanks in
advance for help.