[syslog-ng] syslo-ng to mysql and to plaintext file

Ken Garland ken.garland at rotech.com
Mon Aug 1 20:23:38 CEST 2005

javier rojas wrote:

> hello,
>
> i've configure successfuly the syslog-ng server to save logs on mysql
> 4.0 and i would like it to store the logs (just for a test) on a text
> file (example.txt), so i was searching aroun and found that i should
> add the followin line to syslog-ng.conf:
>
> destination file_text{ file("/var/log/example.txt"); };
>
> i don't want to mess anything and i was wondering if it's ok or if
> anybody has set this before, i don't want it to stop saving it on
> mysql i just want syslog-ng to save in both (mysql and example.txt) at
> the same time...
>
> thanx for the help...
>
> --
> Ciao,Javier
> linux user #393724

yes, i have this setup. here is the examples from my conf with the
plaintext section:

destination hosts {
        file("/var/log/syslogs/$HOST.$FACILITY"
        owner(root) group(root) perm(0600) dir_perm(0700)
        create_dirs(yes));
};
log { source(client_tcp); destination(hosts); };
log { source(client_udp); destination(hosts); };