[syslog-ng]can't compile syslog in HP-UX 11.23

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:28:02 +0200

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 16:00 +0900, skywalk2@netian.com wrote:
> I applied the patch that you submitted, Bazsi
> But I got many warnings in 'yy__' things when I did  'make'
> and also when I did 'make install', I got the same warnings
> (The binary file 'syslog-ng' was created, but I could'nt start syslog-ng
> properly)
>
> For your information,
> Before I 've posted my problems on mailing-list in the first time
> I 've modified the 'configure' file once
> (deleted the ' -Wl,-Bstatic' '-Wl,-Bdynamic' ld options in line 7455 just
> like below)
> => LIBS="$LIBS $LIBOL_LIBS $LEXLIB $LIBWRAP_LIBS $LIBNET_LIBS "
>
> and once I've used 'enable_full_static' option when running 'configure'
>
> In the above two cases, I got the same problems like applying the patch
> submitted

As I see from the link command line no option was added to it, e.g. it
linked without trying to link statically. This happened either because
you did not rerun the configure script, or not regenerated it using
autoconf.

The other problems are that for some reason your libl.so library does
not seem to match the lexing code in syslog-ng.

Although libl.so on other platforms seems to be ok, maybe on HP-UX this
is not the case. Could you try installing GNU flex and verify that
syslog-ng links to libfl.{so,a} instead of libl.so ?