[syslog-ng]trouble configuring syslog-ng with libraries

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:44:22 +0200

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 10:09 -0700, John Thrumston wrote:
> thank you, that appears to have fixed that, but now I get the
> following.
>
> checking for glib-2.0... yes
> checking GLIB_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/sparcv9/glib-2.0/include
> checking GLIB_LIBS... -L/usr/lib/sparcv9 -lglib-2.0
> checking for eventlog... yes
> checking EVTLOG_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/eventlog
> checking EVTLOG_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -levtlog
> checking for static GLib libraries... no
> configure: error: static GLib libraries not found, either link GLib
> dynamically using the --enable-dynamic-linking or install a static
> GLib
>
> as you can see, it found glib but for some reason errors out. I have
> added every directory if found thru find to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> variable but that doesn't seem to help. What should I be looking for?

Just do as the configure script says:

either install a static glib (it is named libglib.a, not .la!) or if you
don't mind linking to libraries in /usr (which could be NFS mounted for
instance) then specify --enable-dynamic-linking to the configure script.