[syslog-ng]trouble configuring syslog-ng with libraries

John Thrumston syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:52:28 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2079987684-1113490348=:85300

I am trying to load syslog-ng for the first time. I am loading it on a Solaris 9 box. I am using syslog-ng.1.9.4 downloaded from the host site.

I believe I have all the libraries needed. I am not really sure. when I run
./configure --enable-tcp_wrappers I get the following error at the end of the configure.

checking for eventlog... Package eventlog was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `eventlog.pc'
No package 'eventlog' found
configure: error: Library requirements (eventlog) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment va
riable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

I have searched google and such for where I might find this eventlog or the library variable event.pc put cannot locate it. I did a find on the system and this event.pc doesn't exist.

I am not sure what other questions you might have but I could use any help that can be provided.
Thanks

--0-2079987684-1113490348=:85300

<DIV>I am trying to load syslog-ng for the first time. I am loading it on a Solaris 9 box. I am using syslog-ng.1.9.4 downloaded from the host site.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I believe I have all the libraries needed. I am not really sure. when I run</DIV>
<DIV>./configure --enable-tcp_wrappers I get the following error at the end of the configure.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>checking for eventlog... Package eventlog was not found in the pkg-config search path.<BR>Perhaps you should add the directory containing `eventlog.pc'<BR>to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable<BR>No package 'eventlog' found</DIV>
<DIV>configure: error: Library requirements (eventlog) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment va<BR>riable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have searched google and such for where I might find this eventlog or the library variable event.pc put cannot locate it. I did a find on the system and this event.pc doesn't exist.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am not sure what other questions you might have but I could use any help that can be provided. </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Small Business - <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31637/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/">Try our new resources site!</a>
--0-2079987684-1113490348=:85300--