[syslog-ng]problem with syslog-ng

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:26:58 -0700

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 04:27:56PM +0530, niraj wrote:

> But what parameter I SHOULD GIVE IT RUN TO foreground .I want to run
> syslog-ng of the forked pid not on the background

You should be able to figure this one out on your own:

# syslog-ng -h
Usage: syslog-ng [options]
Accept and manage system log messages

  -s, --syntax-only                Only read and parse config file
  -d, --debug                      Turn on debugging messages
  -v, --verbose                    Be a bit more verbose
  -F, --foreground                 Don't fork into background
  -f <fname>, --cfgfile=<fname>    Set config file name, default=/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf
  -V, --version                    Display version number (syslog-ng 1.6.5)
  -p <fname>, --pidfile=<fname>    Set pid file name, default=/var/run/syslog-ng.pid
  -C <dir>, --chroot=<dir>         Chroot to directory
  -u <user>, --user=<user>         Switch to user
  -g <group>, --group=<group>      Switch to group
  -y, --yydebug                    Turn on yacc debug messages

--
Nate

The best answer when anybody asks you if you're any good with
explosives is to hold up two open hands and simply say "Ten".