[syslog-ng]Which signal does reload sends ?

Ali EL MOUSSAWI syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:50:50 +0200

Hi all
Can you please tell me what happens when syslog-ng reloads (i.e.
receives HUP signal) ?
I need to know what signal does it send to the destination programs, and
is it a good practice to catch this signal. In fact I don't want my
destination program to die at reload, or at least I want to serialize
his data structures before it dies, in order to retrieve it when it goes
back.

On the other hand, if a message arrives from an UDP source while
syslog-ng is reloading, will it be lost ? Why the keep alive option is
only for tcp source ?
Thanks a lot for any help

Ali