[syslog-ng]SIGHUP not working (Plz Help)

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:03:18 +0200

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 03:16, Shahid Shafi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am in slight trouble. I installed syslog-ng, configured my stuff and
> everything is working fine. I am using newsyslog to rotate logs file
> every 2 MB. newsyslog is invoked via cron and send HUP to the
> syslog-ng after rotating. File is rotated and compressed but the new
> file never got any log data again. I then had to restart the syslog-ng
> process and everyhting works normally after that. Can somebody help
> here?

are you sure that newsyslog sends HUP to the correct syslog daemon? IIRC
there were problems with newsyslog scripts that they sent the HUP to the
PID found in /var/run/syslogd.pid which is not where syslog-ng stores
its pid.