[syslog-ng]problem with different timezones

ARGEXT-HIDALGO, FRANCISCO syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:06:25 -0300

I have the following situation:
I have several logging servers in different timezones and these send all =
their information with TCP to a central logging server.
What I don't understand is that when I recieve a log in the central log =
server I recieve the exact same line that appears in the log server that =
sent the log. The date isnt updated no matter if I use or not the =
use_time_recvd() option.
The only solution I found was to use a template with the $DATE macro.
That would be my first doubt, why use_time_recvd() doesn't work?

My second doubt is, is there any macro for the time sent?, so I can have =
in the same log (on the central logging) the time sent and the time =
received, so I know if there was any delay. For example if the link went =
down and they were retained in the original server for a while. (the =
servers would be sync'ed in time)
Thank you.