[syslog-ng]Core Dump issue on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:24:09 +0200

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:54, Emre Bastuz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2004-September/ I saw that
> some people (Loic Minier, Michihito Matsubara and Mike Williams) already had
> discussed the core dump issue on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE. Apparently they have the
> same problem that I have desribed in
> https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2004-September/006444.html.
>
> I was just wondering if there has been any progress? Any fixes in sight?

Sorry, I've been to a conference in Germany, and therefore I could not
follow this list.

I find your backtrace strange, it seems to indicate, that:

1) you seem to have an unknown priority code in your configuration
2) while printing this fact it segfaults

could you enter the following commands to gdb, once you loaded the core
file:

(gdb) frame 3
(gdb) p yyvsp[0].cptr

And, please enable debug information for libol as well (e.g. pass the -g
argument in CFLAGS to the libol configure script as well)

Thanks.