[syslog-ng]Message retension period

Jim Mozley syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:48:14 +0100

I have a remote server running syslog-ng collecting messages from
network devices that are local to it and transferring them to a central
server using TCP. This is to avoid messages being lost when UDP is used
a a network problem occurs. All works as it should and I have tested
breaking the link between the local collection station and the central
server; the messages are passed to the central server when the link is
restored.

I had a question regarding how long the remote server will hold on to
the messages when it cannot pass them to the central server. Is this a
time dependent parameter, memory limit or hard coded somewhere? I
couldn't find a destination driver configuration parameter for this in
the documentation.

Jim Mozley