[syslog-ng]Re: Syslog-ng reply script for centralized syslog data

LEROY ISAAC syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks a lot for both of your suggestions. It is an
assumption that QOS will be on the network link, but
this still doesn't account for a continually backed up
host trying to send data.

We are planning to utilize TCP as the transport. I
figured TCP, QOS, and adjustments in the size of the
log_fifo_size (num - The number of lines fitting to
the output queue) might solve the issue.

It is my understanding that the log_fifo_size, which
does not have flow control, can be used to buffer data
bound for destinations (either local disk or remote).
I might be wrong in this understanding.

I need the replay script to feed into the syslog data
stream on the central syslog-ng server, since the
central syslog-ng server feeds other applications.

LeRoy