[syslog-ng]syslog-ng and snmptrapd keep original hostnames

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:51:05 +0200

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 17:03, Dirk Laan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have 2 syslog-ng relay servers and 1 syslog-ng server.
> We also use mysql.
>
> So the 2 relay server sending al messages to the syslog-ng server
> So when a switch sends a snmtrap to the relay server it forwards the
> message to the syslog-ng server.
>
> When I look at the messages I don't see the hostname of the switch in
> the Table HOST.
> Instead I see the name of the relay server.
>
> Is there a solution for this ?

Make sure syslog-ng is not rewriting your hostname, e.g. keep_hostname()
is yes. If you still have your snmptrapd hostname, then you have to
modify snmptrapd to use the original hostname when it sends the message
about the trap.